Through my experiences working in both a larger corporation and a small company, I have been able to strengthen my communication and management skills in numerous opportunities. I thrive at learning new skills and concepts, working under pressure, taking initiative and working in teams. Working often with the public in different environments has honed my verbal and written skills, as well as, strengthened my problem-solving skills. Along with my business communication degree and current work experience, I gained a strong interest in learning diverse marketing and event strategies that are directed towards gaining the interest and engagement of others.
Associate Account Manager II, Kaiser Permanente
March 2017 - Current
Working at Kaiser Permanente my duties and responsibilities include:
• Manage business processes that support achieving and maintaining optimal business position to sustain and grow membership.
• Provide support to group Account Management client servicing functions and preparation of information to existing accounts to ensure deadlines are met and a timely response given to inquiries.
• Create sales opportunities through targeted external customer facing enrollment activities, effective relationships with brokers/consultants and front-line benefit contacts, to increase membership, build support for KP, and enhance group customer loyalty and retention.
• Monitor and maintain data integrity within sales systems, accounts and book of business to improve external communication, sales performance, and book of business management.
• Identify and act on enrollment opportunities including: presentations; benefit fairs; health fairs; and Q & A sessions.
• Identify and report trends and/or systematic issues within a book-of-business as they become apparent and provide solutions and possible opportunities for growth.
• Identify knowledge network key resources and link capability to account strategy and service issues.
• Participate in Account Strategy sessions and work on targeted accounts in conjunction with the Account Manager.
• Act as the primary point of contact for group customer contacts as related to contracts, benefits, rates or renewal activities.
March 2018 - Current
Through Kaiser Permanente's Stretch@KP program I have branched out and joined a project that has created RealTime Oakland.
RealTime is a community bound by the intent to live healthy, happy lives together. We work to make wellness possible and support those who serve in the spirit of collaboration. We believe we can make a difference in Oakland by building opportunities to connect creatively, genuinely, and pro-socially. Hustle on, hustle healthy!
The RealTime mission: To cure loneliness, cultivate wellness, and happiness on all levels by inspiring Oaklanders to explore, participate and find purpose in our community.
My duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage strategy and development of virtual experience and content production.
- Managing a team of 4 to develop a marketing strategy document which we are
currently testing and revising while simultaneously preparing for an event.
- Lead Hootsuite programming and tracking/analytics while acting as the point person
to answer any questions about social media strategy/postings. We have seen quick
growth on our social media accounts and have 300+ engaged followers that were
organically grown within the first 9 months of launching.
- Produce high quality, thought-provoking/motivational content that integrates with
the overall strategy and programming/partnership plan.
- Participate in development of overall brand story and mission of RealTime Oakland.
- Collaborate with other content creators to ensure a coordinated and efficient approach to content development.
- Collaborate with other team members to brainstorm and figure out logistics of events.
Marketing Coordinator, International Culture Exchange Group
Marketing Coordinator: December 2016 - March 2017
Marketing Assistant: November 2014- December 2016
International Culture Exchange Group (ICEG) is an event company that strives to create memorable & profitable events. In 2011, ICEG produced Global Winter Wonderland, which was the first Chinese Lantern Festival in the US. Since then, ICEG produced Global Winter Wonderland in various locations every winter season.
Working at International Culture Exchange Group my duties and responsibilities include:
•Coordinates or assists in management of sales and marketing programs, including but not limited to sponsorship's, SEO, social media, and public relations
•Performs analysis on data and creates reports/forecasts on findings.
•Assists in management of marketing initiatives, such as corporate e-newsletter, email campaigns, and customer survey program
•Assists with event planning, scheduling, and the successful execution of promotional events, parties for clients, staff meetings, speaking engagements, conferences, conference calls & other types of online meetings, & tracking related follow-up communication
•Creates, prepares and edits a variety of different forms, reports, & documents using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & similar software programs
•Talks directly with customers; helping with any questions they may have both verbally on the phone or written through emails.
•Composes letters, emails, and memos as well as proofreads and makes edits to documents
•Coordinates projects with other team members in the Finance, Operation, Creative and Entertainment departments
•Supports the company through administrative tasks such as answering phones and company email account, greeting visitors in office, and maintaining office supply inventory
•Coordinates between departments and operating units in resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems
•Part of a fifteen member team that brings forth the event from concept to completion. In 2014 the event had over 300,000 guests visit and the revenue increased significantly from the previous year
Online and social media lead - Relay For Life of Campbell, CA
November 2017 - Current
Working as a part of the Campbell Event Lead Team, I promote the Relay for Life Campbell event through social media outlets including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and our website. Strategizing ways to gain and engage followers through these outlets with our Marketing Lead and Event Lead Team, we can keep the community informed and inspired to be a part of our cause!
The following are typical tasks I complete as the Social Media Lead:
• Update and maintain the Relay for Life event website with the critical information necessary to have a successful Relay event including: agendas, meeting notes, pre-fundraiser details, etc.
• Engage people through the Relay for Life event Facebook page
• Update and maintain the Relay for life event Twitter feed
• Coordinate with the Fundraising Lead to promote fundraisers on social media
• Communicate through coaching emails from the Relay for Life event website
• Correspond and support online registration needs from participants
• With the Recognition Lead, recognize teams, participants, sponsors, etc.
Want to work with me?
Reach out and contact me about a job or project!